domenica 21 giugno 2015

SDRSharp bug or not?


First of all....I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S A BUG OF SDRSHARP OR IN RTL_TCP!!!

Let me explain the problem with an example...
I know for sure that on 144.800Mhz there is an APRS system active...my sdrsharp is set to use 2Mhz bandwdith...
I tune to 144.800Mhz (center frequency!!! of the screen!!!) and I can see the APRS signals...this is ok...
I tune to 145.800Mhz (center frequency!!! of the screen!!!) and....I can see the 144.800Mhz signals on the right extreme edge of the spectrum!!!.... if i move the spectrum to the left the 144.800 signal disappears.
The "odd spectrum" is displayed at "real frequency+sample rate".
Quite odd...

This is a video showing the situation:



EDIT: IT'S NORMAL FOR SDR EQUIPMENTS LIKE MINE (Dongle)

2 commenti:

  1. Common problem of RTL dongle. I see it all the time on strong signals, even NOAA APT I see these images sometimes, usually if the gain is a little too high. A better ADC would help but what can you expect for $9?

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thanks for the info, i'll keep "zooming" with sdrsharp to avoid seeing those signals.

      Elimina